Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rainy Day Change...

I cleaned out our catch all kitchen drawer this weekend and decided to put all our extra change in one location.


I needed a jar of some sorts to put all our extra change and found this old pickle jar in our cabinet.



I thought it would be a good idea to pretty up this jar, so I could leave it out and enjoy it all the time.


So I added a little black ribbon to the rim of the jar.


Then I found some black and white scrapbook paper and printed out Rainy Day Change on some cardstock and stuck it on top of the scrapbook paper.



And there you have it...our Rainy Day Change jar!!


This jar will be purchasing MANY Starbuck's Venti Hot Chocolates :)


Trash to Treasure

A Soft Place to Land

Today's Creative Blog

My Frugal Family

A Picture is Worth 1000 Words

Paula Grace Designs

A Silly Little Sparrow

It's So Very Cheri

Women that Do It All

My Backyard Eden

A Southern Daydreamer

Southern Hospitality

Cottage Instincts

The Girl Creative

The Persimmon Perch

Keeping It Simple

Between Naps on the Porch

Sew Dang Cute

25 comments:

Kelee Katillac said...

Cute idea Lianna! The jar has such a great shape!

love, kelee

One Cheap B*tch said...

What a great idea! I need to do this as we have change lingering in every nook and cranny in this house!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Very cute idea & a great way to corral that change! THanks for joining the par-tay.

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Very cute! It's amazing how much all that change ads up to!

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

What a cute, fun idea! It turned out so adorable! Makes you want to get it filled!!!

Tracey said...

So cute! Can't wait to steal your idea ♥

Unknown said...

What a cute idea. I know I tell you this all the time...but I wish I had your creative mind :)

Clay has an old frog bank that we use. I'm hoping to use that money for extra spending for our beach trip!

Allison Shops said...

Cute idea. I just throw DHs change into an old plastic Folgers can (with lid). Once full, I take to grocery store for the machine to count change. I used to do it myself, but find I just. Do. Not. have the time to roll change!

I hope you'll drop by AtticMag and give JaneT some advice for her headboard to bench project.

Allison

~ Regan said...

Great idea!

Treasia Stepp said...

It's really cute. Love the idea as well.

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Super Cute!!! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

that's SO cute!

Rebecca Jo said...

OK... only you could take a pickle jar & turn it into something awesome!!!

Jen@Notes From the Heartland said...

What a great idea! We have several change buckets around the house but it would be so fun to consolidate and have everyone contribute to the same "fund".

Kaysi said...

Super cute!! I have a big pickle jar, maybe I'll do this to it! Thanks for the idea

123 said...

You are so crafty and creative!! You should have some kind of virtual redecorating thing going...I could upload some pics of my house...you could tell me how to make it look good... :)

Lori said...

That is such a great idea!! It turned out so wonderful!!!

Staci K. said...

This just reminded me of the big pickle jar I saved for just this type of project! Yours is so cute!! Now...where did I stash that jar...

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

great improvement! ...and so much easier to leave it out all the time! Dropping by from That's so Cheri... Hope to see you at my place!

Jessi said...

What a great idea! And the jar is adorable. This is going in my idea book. Thanks for sharing!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a cute jar!! Cute and useful... perfect!

Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

So much cuter! Our goes in a bucket too. I should think about dressing our up someday. Thanks for sharing with Made it Monday! Jules

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Cute idea!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

This is SO cute!!!

Jenn Miyamoto said...

Wow! You had that much change in your drawer? This is such a great idea! I love it!
Jenn