Thursday, March 4, 2010

An Old Collection...

When I was in the attic this past weekend (getting my Easter decorations down), I came across a bag of an old collection. Years ago, I started to collect old spools. Some I found in antique stores and some were gifts, but each of them all unique and special.



I couldn't decide where to display them, but for now, they are in our dining room as the centerpiece on our table.






Aren't they just awesome??? I can't believe I had them stored away in our attic for so long.


Between Naps on the Porch

12 comments:

Sandy said...

Nice collection of Spools....

Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/2010/02/home-schooled-tees.html

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Love all the old spools ... what a fun attic find!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

We are glad you decided to show your wonderful attic find...it's a great collection!

Anita Diaz said...

What a great find! I'm glad I found your blog, too. I am also a Knight:-)

Rebecca Jo said...

I dont think I've ever even SEEN old spools before... how interesting!

stefanie said...

what a gorgeous collection!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love your collection of spools. I would keep them out of the attic and someplace where I could enjoy them!!

Angie Holden said...

OMG I love em!!! :) Thanks so much for sharing your pics!

Maryjane Piper said...

Those are COOL.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog..and love the spools. Hope you will stop by...I just added some extra giveaways...
So glad to have a few hours to blog hop.

Teresa
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Lori said...

Nice collection of spools you have.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thurs. Please join me next week for another great party.
Lori

Sandy said...

Love the spool collection. I'm starting a "Your Favorite Things" series and it would be fun for you to share! :)