Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Survival...

The DH and I have been working in the yard, trying to bring it back to life. It makes me sad to look at the old pics of our backyard and then see what it looks like now after the harsh winter we've had.


BUT, that gives me a good excuse to start scoping out the local nursery for new plants and flowers to spruce up our backyard. And that is always FUN!


We did have a few plants that survived, mostly the ones in our cactus garden...






And this ONE lonely pot on our porch has some green still in it...
Although we didn't see any snow this winter, our plant survival rate is very LOW.


Come on Spring, we are SO ready for you :)

12 comments:

Fabiola said...

I love your cactus garden. I really need to get inspired and make something on my backyard. It is so bare and lifeless.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

You are off o good start. There isn't anything even remotely green here.

Heather said...

We are so ready for spring. We did have a few days in the 50's with sunshine over the weekend. Zoe played outside like there was no tomorrow.

I don't even know where to begin in our backyard. There's so much to do. Our winter was terrible & has wiped out so many plants & bushes.

Love your catcus garden! Enjoy spending time with the hubby outside! Can't wait to see your "after" pictures. You always come up with the cutest plants/flowers & decorations!

Mrs Anne said...

hens and chicks are some of my favorites ever.

love love love the brightness of the green!

i'm ready for some fresh flowers on my patio!

:)

:) Make today great!

*And dont forget to enter in my necklace giveaway!*

Sonya said...

I can't wait to pick out flowers for our yard! Our high school has a greenhouse and they sell the flowers cheap! I got an excellent deal last year and I plan to buy lots from them again this year too! Come on April!

Unknown said...

Lovely cactus garden. We still have a half a foot of snow on the ground!
I usually play "Ruby Tuesday" but had nothing red on my post today.
Good luck with your garden!
Anna

http://annasadornments.blogspot.com/2010/03/happy-birthday-barbie.html#links

LV said...

I am right there with you. All I had to survive one of the worst winters we have had was my cactus plants. I did put some in the garage, but doubt they will do well.

Denise said...

Lovely plants. It definitely feels like Spring here and we had snow just the other week, unheard of in central TX!

Light and Voices said...

Lovely cacti garden!
Joyce M

Ms. Bake-it said...

What lovely cacti you have. I only had a few of my plants survive this weird winter we had this year. Looking forward to when spring finally arrives.

~ Tracy

♥ Kathy said...

I was so happy that my cactus survived too :) Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very nice garden !
Blessings,
~Myrna