Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kodi's First Boat Ride...


My DH and I decided to spend the afternoon out on the water. After church, we picked up lunch and took off to hang out on the St. John's River for the day. It was the perfect afternoon and I still can't believe how gorgeous the weather was...it was in the high 80's and it's OCTOBER!! Kodi tagged along with us and it was his FIRST boat ride.


Here are a few snapshots from our day...


Kodi's first trip to Uncle Tim's dock...

He loved watching the waves...


Lounging on the pontoon...



Hanging out with daddy watching the water...


Check out that gorgeous Jax skyline in the background...


Here is a close-up pic of the Jacksonville Landing and the Modis building...

One of the seven Jacksonville bridges, the Main Street Bridge. It is actually lifted in this pic allowing a boat to travel through. In my opinion, it is the prettiest boat in Jax, especially when it's lit up at night.

Kodi and I enjoying the ride...

I would say that Kodi REALLY enjoyed his first boat ride. I can see a lot of boat trips on the pontoon in our future!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a good time. It was about 50 degrees today and I already miss summer. Have a good week!

Lisa :)

The Coach's Wife said...

How fun! It was 50 degrees here today too and I loved it! I am so ready for Fall!!!

Kristen said...

Your dog is beautiful!!! Looks like he had fun on his boat ride :)

Candie said...

I've never been to Jacksonville! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure you read Alyson's news. Yea!

Eliza said...

Good thing he didn't get sick! That would have been messy. ;)

My new blog is up, would love to have you visit!

Rebecca Jo said...

Looks like he took to it as a pro! I love the pic where he's just laying down on the seats, taking in the cool new ride! :)

Trac~ said...

Aww... how sweet and I love the scenery! Your baby is SO BEAUTIFUL! :O)

rae said...

We have a Boston Terrier, and she loves to go on our pontoon boat!! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

Lori said...

Ohh..what a fun day. I am so jealous of your 80 degree weather, I'm sitting in 45 degree weather!!

Eliza Welch said...

I am loving your blog!
I just started a new blog and I'd love for you to stop by...
Eliza’s blog

SassyCassie said...

He's so pretty!

Kristy said...

You look fantastic!!! Wish I could rock a swimsuit like that, all little and tan!! ;)