Sunday, October 25, 2009

Secret Family Recipe...

My sister and I went to Mother's so she could give us the secret family recipe for baking pies...well, the secret for making a GREAT pie crust! Mother gave us a list of pies that she makes and let us choose the kind we wanted to make. I chose applie pie!! Here are a few pics of our Baking 101 lesson...














After dinner last night, I tried the apple pie that I made and it was DELICIOUS, just sayin!!! I think I'll be making pies for the holidays. Unfortunately, I won't be able to share the secret family recipe...you'll just have to come over and taste the pies for yourself :)

5 comments:

monelle said...

What a special time you had with your grandmother! I did the same thing with my grandmother and her pies. It IS all in the homemade crust!

Lisa said...

Hello Friend!

So...when do you want me to come to try that pie? Thanksgiving? Christmas? heehee!

Looks delicious...and I can tell you had fun learning how to make a family favorite.

Several years ago my sister and I went to my grandad's and learned how to make his special Christmas cookies. I will NEVER forget that experience, since he has pasted away.

Enjoy your time with your family!

Lisa :)

Lori said...

The pie looks so good! I can never make pies like my mom! Everything tastes so much better at Mom's, Right!!

Candie said...

okay, so a little peice of me prides myself in MY apple pie; however, i ventured off far enough to make my own crust. aaaaannnnd, there's no way I can drive to florida for a piece. so, pleeeeassee share your secret. ;-) You don't have to - just thought I'd try. ;-)

Trac~ said...

Looks DELICIOUS! :o)