Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Evening 2009...

We normally spend Christmas evening at my grandma's house each year. She has had an Open House for YEARS...where everyone on my mom's side of the family could stop by, spread some holiday cheer, grab some food, and then go to the next Christmas party. This year though, it was spent with just our immediate family.




We had the BEST Christmas day dinner...spiral ham, pork loin (with Dad's signature sauce), green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, Memaw's dressing, cranberry sauce, and of course Watergate salad!!!


Although we were stuffed to the brim, we saved a little room for the CAKE BALLS we made on Christmas Eve. We snagged the recipe from Kelly and they are TO DIE FOR!!



After dinner, we opened a few presents...




And then we tried to go outside to sit by the fire...



But, it was WAY too cold!!! So we opted to come back inside and take pictures of my uncle's adorable little dog, Doodlebug.





We had such a blessed Christmas this year and we're looking forward to another Christmas with our Florida family when we return.



I hope your Christmas was spent appreciating family, spending time with others, and remembering the reason for the season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your purple shirt!

rae said...

I love the new blog design!! It is my favorite I've ever seen!!